DO you see any pullets in these pictures PLEASE-update-more photos

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
I had 5 standard black cochins hatch ad I think I got 4 out of 5 boys!! I processed one yesterday that had very prominant comb and wattles but decided to wait a few more weeks on these 3 that I think are boys! I know for a fact 1 is a girl so Im not including a photo of her-
25181_cimg2490.jpg

25181_cimg2509.jpg

25181_cimg2508.jpg

25181_cimg2507.jpg

what do you think? do I really have that many roos??? oh these chickies are 2 1/2 months old.

ok heres the "girl" These photos are 20 minutes old!
25181_cimg2527.jpg

25181_cimg2529.jpg

she is smaller than the others and it looks like she is like 2 weeks growth behind the others but hatched the same day..

Last edited:
I do hope so! Like I said to get 4 out of 5 being roos saddened me because they were so pretty and robust! Im was hoping for at least 2/5 to be pullets-there is definately one that has lighter set of wattles and comb besides the girl that has neither

Be careful processing too soon by just combs and wattles. I always look for saddles feather growth, thickness of legs and neck feathers also. I had a orp fool me completely til it was 4 months old just this summer. Myself and another poultry person would have sworn it was a young cockerel and we were wrong. Just a young pullet that had red comb and wattles very early. My two cents!
wink.png

I can't tell by your pics that's why I say patience. How old are they?

Quote:
almost 3 months old. I stopped processing after the first one yesterday-I just had this gut feeling to hold off for another month to make sure 100%- so I did. The one I know for a fact is a pullet has no wattles at all or comb color-hardly any comb-the ones I posted are far more advanced than she is-Il grab a picture if the one girl to show you guys the differences I saw-and she is smaller than them all the way around.

Back
Top Bottom