Do you think I need to get a rooster? Seriously, I need input here...

Quote:
OMG, you made me laugh til I cried! What a hilarious way to look at it. I guess she can't help it can she? Who am I to judge? Maybe I should see if they make rooster toupe's...you know, so she can have a bigger comb??

I love having a rooster - they keep the peace between the hens, even the banty roos. A small banty roo probably won't be able to mate very well with standard-sized girls, but he can break up fights, find treats for his girls, sound the alarm and hopefully take over the morning crowing!

If I had a crowing hen I would get rid of her right away...BAD LUCK
fl.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

Why do you need more? You have a one hen show!!! Is her name Ellen? We could set her up a website and charge for pictures to save money for the operation.

EVERY hen deserves to be accepted for who she or he is!

clap.gif

Quote:
OMG, you made me laugh til I cried! What a hilarious way to look at it. I guess she can't help it can she? Who am I to judge? Maybe I should see if they make rooster toupe's...you know, so she can have a bigger comb??

The rooster toupe could help her be more accepted until the operation. Strap-on spurs may be an option as well. Poor girl. Maybe she should seek counseling...

A little roo is just like a big roo, just a bigger ego in a smaller package.

They wont do as much harm to the girls since they are smaller and don't crush them each time they decide to mate. Should have seen the hens once their 3lb silkie roo was replaced by a 10.5lb cochin mix. He got one as soon as I let them be together and the look on the hens face was priceless.

Quote:
That is just scary...and the sad part was this hen of mine used to be the definition of feminine behavior. Looks like I'm going to get a banty roo if I can find one. Sounds like the a roo is the way to maybe help this prob or at least try.

Back
Top Bottom