Do you think my eggs are any good?

Ol'FashionHen

Songster
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
The South
I have a silkie and she of couse is broody...so I let her have five eggs to hatch ( around 25th of March) and twice when I have returned home from work the big girls have ran her off her eggs to lay themselves
barnie.gif
and I guess my silkie became confused as to which eggs were hers and I found her in another nest
th.gif
, I of course put her back on her eggs. So my question is do you think her eggs are fine she would have only been off of them for a few hours.
hu.gif
, I'm debating on just getting her some chicks from TSC and sneaking under her , but if her eggs are ok I of course want her to hatch them?
th.gif

The eggs should be fine my hens run each other off and eventually they go back to the right nest. As long as something is setting on them, they do get up and strech their legs occassionally. Don't give up yet, they probably will still hatch.

Candle them and see if anything is developing, if another hen was on them while waiting for her egg they should not have gotten too chilled. I would let her keep sitting you still have another week to wait. I would seperate her to avoid further confusion.

And I would get a couple chicks too, just because I would want more.
ep.gif

Thanks , I'm new to the whole hatching thing I knew they would get up periodically, I was just scared she may have been off of them too long . thanks
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif

New Roo...
when I mentioned getting some chicks my DH was like what
ep.gif

don't you think you have enough...
and I'm thinking what
idunno.gif
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom