Do you think my pigeon will come back?

ilikepigeons

Songster
Nov 11, 2021
New Zealand
Hi, so I have four pigeons, 2 male homing pigeons I bought as babies, brothers, that I have had for years, a female feral rescue who was also a baby and has paired with one of my males, and I recently adopted some type of fancy pigeon from the SPCA who is still being homed, I hoped that the bird from the SPCA could be a pair with my left out male because I thought he would fly away searching for other pigeons, but he turne dout to be a male so I don't know anymore.
My single male pigeon has met a feral hen and I think the hen has shown him where to find food (else he'd be starved to death by now), it has been 4 days since he landed here, I see him flying about daily but he does not come here anymore.
Do you think he will come back? He is well homed and knows to get fed here, he is still in the general area and my other pigeons are still here, but he is usually out flying with the feral hen. He has bought her back a few times but the hen always spooks at me and flies off and he flies off with her.
Will he remember to get fed here if the ferals food gets short?
How can I prevent fly offs like these in the future?

Hi, so I have four pigeons, 2 male homing pigeons I bought as babies, brothers, that I have had for years, a female feral rescue who was also a baby and has paired with one of my males, and I recently adopted some type of fancy pigeon from the SPCA who is still being homed, I hoped that the bird from the SPCA could be a pair with my left out male because I thought he would fly away searching for other pigeons, but he turne dout to be a male so I don't know anymore.
My single male pigeon has met a feral hen and I think the hen has shown him where to find food (else he'd be starved to death by now), it has been 4 days since he landed here, I see him flying about daily but he does not come here anymore.
Do you think he will come back? He is well homed and knows to get fed here, he is still in the general area and my other pigeons are still here, but he is usually out flying with the feral hen. He has bought her back a few times but the hen always spooks at me and flies off and he flies off with her.
Will he remember to get fed here if the ferals food gets short?
How can I prevent fly offs like these in the future?
Not likely!

He came back. Was on the verge of starving when he came back so I fed em and he decided he'll stay. I haven't seen the feral hen since. I put up a nestbox for him too which he has seen so hopefully if he finds her again he'll be more tempted to bring her back here. My other pair is nesting too so ideally they could have female chicks that he could pair with.

He came back. Was on the verge of starving when he came back so I fed em and he decided he'll stay. I haven't seen the feral hen since. I put up a nestbox for him too which he has seen so hopefully if he finds her again he'll be more tempted to bring her back here. My other pair is nesting too so ideally they could have female chicks that he could pair with.
*Deep Sigh of Relief!!*

Back
Top Bottom