Do you think the Earth is Round or flat?

What do you think?

• Total voters
Pics
I watched this reality show yrs back (The Truman Show) where a guy sailed the ocean in a storm. When he reached the end of the ocean there was a wall. So that's why no one falls off the edge, there isn't one, we're boxed in. So it's a box, but we are on the inside.
I'll bet there's some interesting graffiti on THAT wall.

I watched this reality show yrs back (The Truman Show) where a guy sailed the ocean in a storm. When he reached the end of the ocean there was a wall. So that's why no one falls off the edge, there isn't one, we're boxed in. So it's a box, but we are on the inside.
I think people would come back to talk about it, and would bring back photos, so we would know about a wall like that.

I think it's much more likely that people fall off the edge and never come back to say so. Maybe there's a heavy wind or a waterfall or something so they cannot sit there to take selfies and then come home.

(I'm pretending to believe the earth is "flat" like a pizza or a plate, although I seriously think it's more like a sphere with a bumpy surface.)

A giant box! We're all like hampsters being watched!

I think people would come back to talk about it, and would bring back photos, so we would know about a wall like that.

I think it's much more likely that people fall off the edge and never come back to say so. Maybe there's a heavy wind or a waterfall or something so they cannot sit there to take selfies and then come home.

(I'm pretending to believe the earth is "flat" like a pizza or a plate, although I seriously think it's more like a sphere with a bumpy surface.)
They probably walk right off the edge while looking at their cell phone.

Despite contrary assertions, the fact of a spherical earth was clearly proclaimed in the Bible by the prophet Isaiah nearly twenty-eight centuries ago ... "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers [etc.]" Isaiah 40:22 (NKJ). When Isaiah wrote this verse he used the Hebrew word "khug" to describe the shape of the earth. Although this word is commonly translated into the English word "circle," the literal meaning of this word is "a sphere."

I found the above paragraph. Personally I believe the world is roughly the shape of a ball/sphere. And I believe in the Bible. When you look up the word khug it does supposedly mean sphericity or roundness. I don't ever remember seeing the Bible in Hebrew so I can't prove that this word "khug" was used but I believe that it probably was.

Despite contrary assertions, the fact of a spherical earth was clearly proclaimed in the Bible by the prophet Isaiah nearly twenty-eight centuries ago ... "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers [etc.]" Isaiah 40:22 (NKJ). When Isaiah wrote this verse he used the Hebrew word "khug" to describe the shape of the earth. Although this word is commonly translated into the English word "circle," the literal meaning of this word is "a sphere."

I found the above paragraph. Personally I believe the world is roughly the shape of a ball/sphere. And I believe in the Bible. When you look up the word khug it does supposedly mean sphericity or roundness. I don't ever remember seeing the Bible in Hebrew so I can't prove that this word "khug" was used but I believe that it probably was.
Not at all an argument but I wonder, Since that was in the Bible for that long, why did people spend so long arguing that it was flat.

Last edited:
Not at all an argument but I wonder, Since that was in the Bible for 9 centuries, why did people spend so long arguing that it was flat.
The Ancient Greeks knew the earth was a sphere. In 240 BC Eratosthenes even devised a way of measuring how big it was and came up with a reasonably correct figure for his time (look up his method if interested, it was ingenious and very simple). For some reason in the Middle Ages, the Church "forgot" about that Bible verse and insisted that the Earth was flat and the center of the universe. And then Galileo got excommunicated for rediscovering otherwise.
i would love to hear someone who believes that the earth is flat explain day and night, the seasons, and why in over 1,000 years of sailing ships across the seas no one has ever found the fabled edge of the earth.
I am a sailor and I have personally sailed around the world. We sailed west the whole time and never turned around. We did not hit a wall or fall off the edge. ;)

Although there are some weird things that happen out on the open ocean that make me understand that we know more about space than we know about the sea.

Back
Top Bottom