Do you think these three little ones are boy or girls???

Quote:

Mostly because I'm a pessimist at heart. For ~6 weeks old, the comb is a bit big and pink and seems to have thick legs for the little body size. If you want, I'll say she's a pullet!
tongue.png

Nah, thats okay I have doubts myself.
sad.png
I am just really hoping she is a girl.

Quote:

Mostly because I'm a pessimist at heart. For ~6 weeks old, the comb is a bit big and pink and seems to have thick legs for the little body size. If you want, I'll say she's a pullet!
tongue.png

No.. I don't agree.. Just my opinion.. but, I think it's too early to be absolutely sure.. you may suspect, even be "pretty sure", but it's too early to be 100% sure (unless someone crows), so I would wait a bit longer. I have one "chick" that started crowing at 15 weeks, or trying to..
And, the other, I am just not sure yet. I am hoping it's a pullet, and I'm willing to feed them a few more weeks to be sure... they are siblings.
The "Lavender" is so beautiful. The Black and the Lavender are both "standing" like roos.. the other tan/red one is harder to tell... much too soon, could be a pullet.
Since the roos I hatch go to "freezer camp", I make sure I am sure before that... and they need to grow to meal size as well.
Did you hatch these from eggs? It does seem I always get more cockerels than pullets.. about 75% cockerels, from natural hatches via broody hens.

Well.. good luck.

Well I was gonna find them new homes if they are roos. That is kind of why I was trying to find out, I figure it might be easier to rehome while they are little and cute. I really don't want to rehome if they are girls though. They were all from a broody hatch. Well except the tanish one, my hen quit sitting before it hatched. So I ended up finishing the hatch in the incubator. I don't think I am gonna get rid of them yet. I am just trying to figure out what I am gonna do if they are all roos. So if you send them to freezer camp what kind of birds do you have. Would EEs end up big enough for freezer camp.

Quote:

I believe you have 3 pullets there. I see nothing to indicate you have cockerels. Wait a little while longer and see if any sprout bigger combs that start turning red. I don't think you are going to see that. The body shape and feather shape of the blue is pullet-like and the tan one is getting coloration you see most often in pullet EEs.

I hope for your sake that I am right, but don't shoot me if one of them crows. I am quite certain of my call though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom