Do you think this 6 week ee is a roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fowlwhisperer, May 18, 2009.

1. fowlwhisperer

fowlwhisperer New Egg

Apr 23, 2009
    [​IMG] That's the one in the middle

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    That looks exactly like several of the ones that I have; Im pretty sure its a girl.

3. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Yep, it's a girl - pretty common EE pullet coloring - she looks just like our Cleopatra did (pics on my BYC page).

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I think it's a roo. The comb is pretty red for 6 weeks. The wings look like they are crossing over the back. Does it make any odd sounds yet? Or act dominant over the others? The coloring looks pullet-like, but the really red comb makes me think roo.

5. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Pullet. The wings look like her back is showing, to me. Between that and the coloring, I'd say girl.

6. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

I have two like that one. One being 4 plus weeks younger than the other. Both are girls. However neither one has a comb that red.
    We posted a pic awhile back of our older one, and ArizonaDesertChicks was right about her. She is a She [​IMG] She is also the head hen, what she says goes...

Bluemoon

**edited for typos**

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  7. fowlwhisperer

fowlwhisperer New Egg

Apr 23, 2009
    Thanks. I agree with the majority the color is like egg layen EE's I've had. But I don't remember what the any EE Roo's coloring was at that age. The coloring is pretty rich.
    Sequin asked about weird sounds. Just today it kind of made an Ack Ack
    the others are tweeting.

8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    again, there is no *gender* coloring in EE's. That comb is waaay too red and big for a 6 week old pullet. I am saying cockeral. The saddle feathers may not be noticable for another 10 weeks or so....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by