Do you think this is a decent nest box?

What size Hens do you have? The nesting box from Premier seems to have a small opening they would need to fit thru. I have LB, BO and RIR, so the doorway would be a concern.
I have a prretty big mix of about 8 different breeds ranging in size from leghorn to orpington.

I realized the premier1 Hengeaer is the sme one from hengear.com. The medium one. Has pretty good reviews, and the curtain opening can be made bigger if need be. I ordered it!! If my biggest girls can't fit, or it is not enough room, I will add a couple milk crates. But I am really looking forward to clean eggs!

After reading I really like the idea of the community box as opposed to singles. Hopefully they will catch on quick. I'll let you all know how it is!

https://hengear.com/products/rollout-nest-box-small

I believe the red fronts are flexible materials.
Yes they are CIS (cloth in sheet). There is a white cloth material between the outer rubbery ones. Common conveyor belt material. Effective because they don't unravel when picket at or exposed to temp extremes.
Found this info on an old post from this site while researching the product on google.

Back
Top Bottom