Do you think this was plucked?

FloorCandy

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
I have 3 cinnamons, 2 are range and 1 is wild pattern, and they have what is either feathers growing in awkwardly(teenager) or perhaps spots plucked from attempted mating. All 3 had smooth head feathers no visible issues 2 days ago, now they look rough, and I’m unsure if it’s simple awkward growth, or maybe they are females swimming in a sea of males. I have 3 pharaohs that I feel confident are male, they are all only 4 weeks so the rest need some time before I can vent sex them. I’ll keep an eye out to see if they get worse, I’ve seen no mating or bullying at all. I’m just curious.

12774204-2420-489B-9056-AB910F35FC17.jpeg

724C49ED-78AC-4FA5-B5B6-B9154783B951.jpeg

1B73F5E9-52C9-4CFF-B699-12F25F7F7F7A.jpeg

In my experience, their feathers can be very awkward and messy when they're young. I'd keep an eye out for bullying/plucking just in case though.

Here's one of my girls at 5 weeks old (not the most stunning plumage).
IMG_20191105_065729.jpg

Last edited:
I have 3 cinnamons, 2 are range and 1 is wild pattern, and they have what is either feathers growing in awkwardly(teenager) or perhaps spots plucked from attempted mating. All 3 had smooth head feathers no visible issues 2 days ago, now they look rough, and I’m unsure if it’s simple awkward growth, or maybe they are females swimming in a sea of males. I have 3 pharaohs that I feel confident are male, they are all only 4 weeks so the rest need some time before I can vent sex them. I’ll keep an eye out to see if they get worse, I’ve seen no mating or bullying at all. I’m just curious.

View attachment 2180681

View attachment 2180682

View attachment 2180683
By the way, what do you have their water in?

View attachment 2180681

View attachment 2180682

View attachment 2180683
looks like they are attempting to mate. or the roosters are fighting. my hens heads are plucked from mating and one of my males attacks the other male and his feathers are plucked and mangled.

I bought horizontal poultry nipples on amazon, and I put them through a former large pretzel jug. They are great!

Yes ... there are three ways of kinetic plucking (beside desease or vitamine/mineral deficite)

Males mating
Males/females fighting
Birds boinking the ceiling due fighting or spooking.

This is why german breeders are seperating the exebition birds to keep the plumage unharmed.

Back
Top Bottom