Do you trap all the time?

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
A raccoon got in my hen house last Saturday night and me and the rooster scared him away. Sunday night I trapped him.
AS far as I know, that's been our only predator problem.
I also fixed the door latch, which was broken, so now we can lock the door again. I think we're predator-proof so long as I keep the door locked up.

Do you guys set the trap all the time "just in case" or only when you think there's trouble???
Chances are I'm likely to catch my own cats, or the neighborhood cats, but I guess ya never know - right?
Just curious what others do.

Last edited:
I trap when I think there may be trouble afoot. If I see fresh tracks in the mud/dirt by the coop's or if I see sign something is not as it should be. I do trap about 5-10 every year, mostly in early winter when their hungry or in late spring when they kick out the kit's and are ravenous.
AL

for me 24-7-365 always have somthing set on the far ends of our land.. box, leg hold, cr's..always ready for trouble and it will come sooner or later
cool.png

I set live traps pretty much all the time(near hen house) and if its a wild critter I catch(feral cats included, get neutered if needed!!!!!!) I give the wild critters a scaring and spray paint their back so I see if I have repeat offenders and if they come back then I will possibly terminate quickly. I have NOT had issues of them getting into the hen house and i like to think its because of my daily set trap/terrorize method.

Back
Top Bottom