Do you use a FIRE TABLET?

I got a Fire last year for Christmas. It wasn't one of the newer models but it had a great price on it. Generally I love it. I've been on BYC with it and IMHO it's no more irritating to type on than any other tablet I've had.

The only thing that irks me about it is the 'bleeping' ads that Amazon forces me to look at when you first bring it out of sleep mode. I've become adept at seeing how fast I can swipe them out of existence. They say there is a way to override them but so far I haven't figured it out.

Also You have to go into the settings and turn off and delete a lot of crappola that just uses up megabytes of space. The first thing I disabled was Alexis, then I covered up the camera. Now that I have it just the way I like it, it's perfect ;)

I got a Fire last year for Christmas. It wasn't one of the newer models but it had a great price on it. Generally I love it. I've been on BYC with it and IMHO it's no more irritating to type on than any other tablet I've had.

The only thing that irks me about it is the 'bleeping' ads that Amazon forces me to look at when you first bring it out of sleep mode. I've become adept at seeing how fast I can swipe them out of existence. They say there is a way to override them but so far I haven't figured it out.

Also You have to go into the settings and turn off and delete a lot of crappola that just uses up megabytes of space. The first thing I disabled was Alexis, then I covered up the camera. Now that I have it just the way I like it, it's perfect ;)
Getting a PFM should stop all the ads when you are on BYC. It won't help for other sites.

Getting a PFM should stop all the ads when you are on BYC. It won't help for other sites.
I don't mind the ads on BYC. It's just when you press the button on the side of the tablet that wakes it up,, Instead of your wallpaper of choice, Amazon plasters a full page ad there for everything from new cars to buy to games they want you to down load and pay to play sort of thing.

I think it makes up for the reasonable price you pay for a Fire Tablet.

Plus, outside of BYC and occasional Youtube videos I seldom look at anything else on my Fire other than weather, some amateur writer's sites and Kindle, none of which overwhelm me with ads.

Back
Top Bottom