• Yes, all of the time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thechickenchick

Born city, Living country
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Eaton, Colorado
Another thread brought this question to my mind. I was never a stickler for a seat belt, unless it was my child. I know, that doesn't make any sense at all. New Years eve year before last my teenager asked me to start wearing mine. I said yes. So every time I think, aww not this time, I think about how disappointed he would be if I were injured (or worse) because I did not wear my seat belt.

I was just curious how many of us put it on because it is the law or because we believe in them?

Been wearing seatbelts ever since I started driver's ed..our instructor had that drilled into us many times as we enter inside the car. Been doing that since 1982!

Also seatbelts KEEP me in the seats, vinyl or plastic seats will make me slide all over the seats when one would be turning or stopping or making emergency moves.

Last edited:
I am a lot like you (surprise!) I didn't used to wear it unless I was out on the highway or something, only for the fear of getting pulled over and ticketed, not my safety. But, in my old age, it really has become a routine for me. When Colton started driving and I would get in with him he would just stare at me and finally say "Are you going to put on your belt so we can take off?" So, although I slip a little, I am doing much better about it!

Quote:
lol.png
Imagine that!!! Raymond keeps working on Kenny, maybe some day it will sink in
fl.gif

My vehicle does not move until every single person is belted in. If anyone ever objects, they are welcome to find alternate means of transportation.

Been wearing mine ever since I started driving. I can remember coming home from school one day when I was 17, I was about 2 miles from my house when I realized I had forgotten to put it on.. I literally got sick at my stomach when I realized how far I had driven without it.

Quote:
Exactly this. My parents had this rule my entire life and so do I.

On the extremely rare occasion that I start the car before buckling my kids into their car seats (because I'm loading groceries or the like) they SCREAM like someone is killing them. I may have over trained them. Just a little.

My parents always wore seatbelts and made all us kids wear seatbelts growing up, so I've worn them all my life and my kids aren't given the option of not wearing one. I don't mess around with safety.

DH and I have always worn them, and taught our children to do the same. If everyone is not buckled up, the car don't go. My MIL was a volunteer for a rescue squad and had to scrape enough people off the pavement. I believe!!

Back
Top Bottom