Do your chickens like to swing??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by m_herrington, Jul 11, 2008.

1. m_herrington

m_herrington Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    ohio
    We were working on the chicken coop today... putting shingles on. It is a 12/12 pitch so my friend was standing on the ground handing up shingles one at a time because they won't stay sitting on the roof... so he had a good view inside the coop.

He says... and after studying them for a while, I think I agree that they are "swinging.

I have the heat lamps out there on an extension cord... no electric yet [​IMG]. One of the girls would jump up on the cord and it would start swinging back and forth and then when it would start to slow down, she would lean forward and back to get it to keep moving.. or that was how it appeared.

Am I nuts? or do your chickens like to swing too?

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yep, the antics my flock provides is priceless therapy and I will never be without it! [​IMG]

bigzio

3. Vicchick

Vicchick New Egg

Sep 29, 2007
    Yes they do - when I was little I would get my hen (Butterball) and swing with her on my swingset. She would lay her head on my shoulder and go to sleep. They are neat animals to have as pets.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by