Do your geese have special personalities?

Carrosaur

Songster
8 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Nashville, TN
What I love so much about geese is you can clearly see their different personalities from when they are young. I'm excited to see how my batch of geese and the next nine to hatch will all sort out their groups. I'm expecting there to be a couple different groups of birds! But even now I can tell a difference between each little baby!!

Peaches Jr and Apple Jr are my Buff geese and Peaches is so bold and confident. He gets the zoomies the most out of all of them and explores everything he sees.
Apple is much more timid than Peaches, he'll walk up to you but if you try to make a move he'll duck or run away. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it.

Plum and Pear Jr are about the same, they're my Toulouse, they are my most people-friendly babies. When you call all the geese they're always the ones running in the front of the group and will let you just scoop them up with one hand and won't try to jump off.

Lemon and Lime are my Embden and they are SCARDEY-GEESE! They're scared of EVERYTHING!!! Lime is more brave than Lemon but it's still not that brave.

Cherry and Berry are my Pomeranians, Cherry I think is a boy, I think I saw his penis once but I couldn't get it to pop out again. He is SASSY!! He barges through everyone to get to all the food and pushes his way to the middle of the group when they're all cuddling, and he'll steal any grass from any of the other geese.
Berry is pretty calm, she's skittish but will calm down in your hand very quickly and if you set her down on your leg or in your lap she'll sit down and nibble at you.

So what kind of personalities do your geese have?

Do your geese have groups or a pecking order?

Back
Top Bottom