Do your guineas go outside

When I first started to let my guineas free range, they pretty much free ranged and foraged in the garage. Now they go all over my property, much further than the chickens do.

Mine don't seem to be the boldest of creatures.
gig.gif

Mine are retarded and run back and fourth down the run past the door trying to figure a way out, never dawning on them the door is open. Then they go out, chase the chickens, then right back in. Then its in and out like a bunch of kids. Then I have a hen who must have ate paint chips, cause she always forgets were the door was, and running around the coop and run trying to figure how the rest got in. Then they spend 20 minutes trying to fly to a tree limb thats above the coop to roost, never realizing that it won't happen due to chicken wire over the top. The good thing is, they are so stupid, they haven't realized they can fly, only when trying to roost on that limb. lol I have a had many guineas, and none have been real bright, but these birds need some serious help. It maybe that this is the first ones I have owned off the farm, and am much more aware of how that act. Before I never seen them, maybe once a day.
he.gif

yuckyuck.gif
That's a riot!

I'm getting my garden enclosed with netting because my guineas have decided that corn plants are tasty. They fly in and wreck the garden, then can't figure out how to get back out. So they run back and forth along the fenceline. Stepping on my marigolds and my green beans have toe holes in the leaves.

My corn plants are all very short due to being knocked over (from dust baths) and with chewed off leaves. I can't tell you how many times I've straightened the corn back up.
he.gif

My guineas also follow me when I leave and meet me when I come home. I thought they were supposed to be wild.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom