Do your Roosters call hens for snacks?

Of course! He should do that, too!
Even though I had one rooster who would call his hens for anything but cocktail tomatos. When I passed out cocktail tomatos he was very quiet and just ate. :lau
Lol... My roos are the same. Lol. Except their secret food is cranberry, or raisin. They will discreetly roll it off, and try to eat it themselves. So glad I am not alone...lol.
However... On topic... Roos should tidbit, and lead the ladies to food, do the "rooster dance", and stand guard for the ladies. My opinion. If they don't do that... They should find another home.

Yes, he does! It's really cute. One of my roosters (cockerel, really) is a new addition to the flock so when I saw him doing this for the pullet he always hangs out with, it was so adorable. I had sprinkled some pelletized food around the yard for them to eat. Normally they eat crumbles, so they weren't used to how it looked. All the girls were looking at it like, what is this stuff? And he grabbed some and brought it over to his girl and started clucking at her until she started eating. All the other girls started eating after that.
He also catches bugs and cicadas and offers them to whoever is around.

Thats a good boy. Mine does the same. He only joins in the feeding once the hens around him are foraging.

Its really funny when my oldest hen wanders off after a grasshopper or something and he crows to call her back. Other younger hens with her will come back into the yard but she just "growls" back him until she gets whatever she was after.

Back
Top Bottom