Do your silly chickens like to eat styrofoam?

bwebb7

Songster
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Brooksville, Fl
OK
Miss Prissy and a few others are doing beautiful eggs for the tree. I am a copy cat. (remember the sincerest form of flattery?)
So I blew out the first eggs of my life, (46) and washed, dried and microwaved. I then put them on skewer sticks and stuck it in styrofoam (as my idol instucted) and painted them. A beautiful copper by the way. I thought I would put them out in the sun to dry. (good idea huh?) Nope! Those silly girls! They walked thru to the front yard and commenced to pecking and pecking the styrofoam base. I heard a strange bunch of noises coming from out front. I looked through the blind and there were my beautiful eggs bouncing all over the planter! All the while, these crazy rogue hens were pecking away at the styrofoam. I think the eggs are all right, but that could have made me a crazy person!
I guess they will dry indoors!

Like it? It's like their own form of crack.
lau.gif

I used to have a little giant incubator (notice I said used to!). I washed it one day set it out to dry, I heard some weird noises outside the kitchen window, looked out, didn't see anything. A few hourse later, went out to get the bator, snow everywhere!, They had destroyed the whole thing. So, yes, my chickens love it (chicken crack, lol)

My chickens will eat anything they can get their sorry little beaks around XD Including, evidently, one wing-nut, a washer, and the freckles off my arm (they only tried on that last one; didn't succeed).

EXCEPT the darn things won't eat squash bugs, which is one reason we got them! Ungrateful little buggers!

Back
Top Bottom