do yours eat...

coonhoundmama87

Songster
8 Years
Oct 26, 2011
Wisconsin
Black oil sunflower seeds? My muscovies love them! They follow me around as I fill bird feeders just waiting for some to drop. My chickens do the same. So are mine the only ones :)

Our ducks love black oil sunflower seeds. We have just recently started sprouting some jars of sunflower seeds as well, the ducks really enjoy the fresh sprouts in the wintertime!!

I like that idea of sunflower sprouts and will have to try it. I also like your avatar, Bligh. And
welcome-byc.gif
!

My ducks love BOSS. But I have read that feeding them too much is not a good thing, nutritionally I guess the BOSS lacks a bit. But mine love them and they also love the sprouts

Will your ducks eat onion skins?

I treat the flock daily with BOSS and they ALL love it, the chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys. It's a special time for them because some of the flock eat from my hands while others just eat it on the ground where I toss it for the shy ones.

Cool Im not alone :) my ducks usually aren't very excited for treats since they are free range but I guess being winter there's not much around to find. As for the onion skins my geese will sometimes but usually nobody eats them.

Back
Top Bottom