Doberman Pinscher Breed Chat Thread

Never Land

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 7, 2015
Look at profile
Doberman Pinscher Breed Chat Thread

Hello, everyone! Welcome to my Doberman Pinscher thread. I would love to hear about your love for this bread, so feel free to tell stories or post pictures of your Dobbies!

welcome-byc.gif
Had a weird dream last night in which the Princess told me she wanted to add a Doberman to our family. I have two Doberman stories. I will only share the good one. We were taking one of our goldens to an obedience school several years ago. There was a young girl in the class with a Doberman pup. The kid was overhandling the dog and jerking her around throughout the classes. Finally after one of the classes I asked the instructor why he hadn't intervened. He said, "It'll work out." The classes continued and the dog grew. Finally after a rather rough overhandling the pup jumped up on the kid, knocked her over, and stood over her stubby tail flagging away. The kid was startled and crying. The instructor went up to her and said, "Now, are you ready to start training your dog? She wants to learn, but is fed up with your roughness." The kid changed her treatment, and the pair ending up getting an award for best dog/handler. This pup really impressed me with her intelligence.

:welcome   Had a weird dream last night in which the Princess told me she wanted to add a Doberman to our family.  I have two Doberman stories.  I will only share the good one.  We were taking one of our goldens to an obedience school several years ago.  There was a young girl in the class with a Doberman pup.  The kid was overhandling the dog and jerking her around throughout the classes.  Finally after one of the classes I asked the instructor why he hadn't intervened.  He said, "It'll work out."  The classes continued and the dog grew.  Finally after a rather rough overhandling the pup jumped up on the kid, knocked her over, and stood over her stubby tail flagging away.  The kid was startled and crying.  The instructor went up to her and said, "Now, are you ready to start training your dog?  She wants to learn, but is fed up with your roughness."  The kid changed her treatment, and the pair ending up getting an award for best dog/handler.  This pup really impressed me with her intelligence.
Aww, how sweet! I'm really glad it work out, I hate when people mistreat their pets. Yeah, I want a Doberman so bad that I've had at least 3 dreams about Dobermans in the past month, and I never dream!

I watched movie a couple weeks back about these kids who made impossible whishes. I wondered what mine would be. I decided my impossible Christmas wish is for my parents to let me rescue a Doberman. I've never had my own dog, even though I have a lot of experience owning other pets, so hopeful since I've proved my self responsible and loyal to my other pets, they'll finally give in.

I've never owned a Doberman, but it seems I've usually lived within a few houses of someone who does. I've always been impressed with their athleticism, they move like perfectly oiled machines. So graceful and smooth.

Our current next door neighbors have a red Doberman male. I love talking to him across the fence. He's a big part of why we got our Dane spayed, though. I was under no illusions how long that 4 foot wire fence would keep our dogs separated once she came into heat....and I'm sure Dane/Dobie puppies would be adorable, but not for me, thanks!

I've never owned a Doberman, but it seems I've usually lived within a few houses of someone who does. I've always been impressed with their athleticism, they move like perfectly oiled machines. So graceful and smooth.

Our current next door neighbors have a red Doberman male. I love talking to him across the fence. He's a big part of why we got our Dane spayed, though. I was under no illusions how long that 4 foot wire fence would keep our dogs separated once she came into heat....and I'm sure Dane/Dobie puppies would be adorable, but not for me, thanks!
I just love everything about them! Thanks for sharing!!! Does any want to post pictures of your Dobies?

I had 3 growing up. 2 females and 1 male. They were black and tan and a blue. When I would tack up my horse, my blue female would bow and smile/chatter her teeth. She knew we were going on a trail ride. They were good dogs.

Here's an old picture of my precious, spoiled rotten Dobie. Her name is Daisy and I love her to pieces. She's a fawn and MUCH bigger now. I'll see if I can find a more updated picture :) She's a smiley teeth chatterer too :D Edited to add: the many faces of Daisy...

Last edited:
I had 3 growing up. 2 females and 1 male. They were black and tan and a blue. When I would tack up my horse, my blue female would bow and smile/chatter her teeth. She knew we were going on a trail ride. They were good dogs.

That is too cute!!! It's so sad that people assume there bad because of the way movies make them out to be vicouis, when they a reputation of being gentle, loyal, and great family dogs.

Back
Top Bottom