docile ducks?

mfoth54

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2020
I will be getting a female Blue Swedish, male Pekin, and female Buff duck... I'm worried about them being skittish. I would like them to imprint on me and want to be held and loved on, is there any way to increase the chances of this? Any tips?

I will be getting a female Blue Swedish, male Pekin, and female Buff duck... I'm worried about them being skittish. I would like them to imprint on me and want to be held and loved on, is there any way to increase the chances of this? Any tips?
hold them pet them and play with them. i had three and they followed me around everywhere and when i left they would quack till i came back.

Attachments

• C7EFD782-0940-4F1C-995F-9025B6E63C6C.jpeg
    C7EFD782-0940-4F1C-995F-9025B6E63C6C.jpeg
    641.7 KB · Views: 0
  • AEF98553-C4EA-4AD8-A568-6A2DFCE69CD5.jpeg
    AEF98553-C4EA-4AD8-A568-6A2DFCE69CD5.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 08E7724F-BB3D-4158-9189-ABD2288FDC5A.jpeg
    08E7724F-BB3D-4158-9189-ABD2288FDC5A.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 0

I hand raised mine and made sure to handle them every day and give treats. They may imprint on you, but sometimes they imprint on each other. Just make sure to handle them a lot and treats while you do it so they associate being handled with reward. I'm not familiar with buff ducks, but Blue Swedish and Pekins are very nice. I have Welsh Harlequin and just got two baby Khaki Campbell ducklings, but I'm letting one of my female ducks raise the ducklings. I'm still handling them several times a day myself, as well as my kids, so they get used to us.

I hand raised mine and made sure to handle them every day and give treats. They may imprint on you, but sometimes they imprint on each other. Just make sure to handle them a lot and treats while you do it so they associate being handled with reward. I'm not familiar with buff ducks, but Blue Swedish and Pekins are very nice. I have Welsh Harlequin and just got two baby Khaki Campbell ducklings, but I'm letting one of my female ducks raise the ducklings. I'm still handling them several times a day myself, as well as my kids, so they get used to us.
thank you!

Back
Top Bottom