Does anybody eat squab? What does it taste like?

texas pioneers are a breed that you can tell sex of the young in the nest if you want to keep a few back for future breeding pairs. hubbels are another breed great breeders . there are some utiltly kings, carneua and mondains but will be hard to find them. i know several years ago that the breeders ofshow kings and french mondains used hubbells as feeders for the show birds

Giant homers and U kings .....just squab producers

pigeon024.jpg

I have straight Giant Homers and striaght Hubbles that I cross and get some nice big babies but when and if I run those crosses they produce a slightly smaller bird. They all taste the same but pluck differant. The U kings don't compare in size but are easier to pluck. I parent birds are pets and are fun but the little guy's have to watch out.

What are hubbell pigeons? any whole lists, with pics of each, to post here, for comparisons, and show un knowledged as myself the great eating breeds?

I just eat my birm roller culls, some homers, that were bad off from BOPs before flying my flights (or just not thriving like i wanted). Even my smallest rollers produce at least two or more breast meat etc each breast, than both breasts of mourning doves. my white homers produce four or more than mourning doves.

Back
Top Bottom