Does anybody else have trouble keeping people from messing with their coops at night?

They actually had an idiot burglar manage to lock himself in someone's garage and had nothing to eat but dog food while he was in there. The people were on vacation so he was in there for several days. He sued for pain and suffering due to being trapped that long. I THINK he actually won too.
That story is a hoax, part of a collection of imaginary lawsuits that made the rounds back in the early 2000s. All the stories in the collection were investigated by Snopes and debunked.

I had trouble with what I thought were predators. Ended up being two footed human. I bought solar censored lights, worked for awhile, then went to a camera with night lens. I then let it be known in the neighborhood that I got tired of the bull and now would get pics etc. The end of my troubles. It seems like maybe someone looking for eggs or meat for their table like the trouble I was having. Locks only keep out four legged predictors. I bought a game cam for under $ 100. it works great. I had a door bell cam installed on the shed wall which went to my cell phone. Pictures are worth a million bucks..lol

I was up most of the night watching my new security cam. On the old ones we had what we called poltergeists appearing. People would be on the camera it looked like but when you'd look at the window they aren't really there. Last night it got real scary because it looked like two guys right next to my back door. I adjusted my security alarms so they would go off and let some people know about it and kept watch as long as I could stay awake. One seemed to fade then come back and the other seemed to tilt his head once in a while but they didn't move other than that. They are still showing on the picture in the cam and it is still not daylight but the aren't there when I shine my spotlight out they never are. I've even opened the door and shined it around looking for people. It makes me wonder if they don't put these images on cams somehow to make you buy more security equipment. I don't think they do but this was pretty real looking and close enough to put a scare into us here. That doesn't usually happen. I think its not real at this point and we are ok.

Creepy and yet interesting!
If it happens again do you think you could take a picture to share?

I look forward to hearing about what you catch on your cameras! Loving everyone stories of what their cameras have caught people doing. I have Reolink cameras in the runs, coop, and all around the house. I live in the country as well on a good number of acres. The cameras have done a great job helping me solve a number of "mysteries" over the years. Believe it or not but on Thanksgiving day I happened to glance at the camera feed on my phone and could see from one of the run cameras a couple stomping around the treeline -_-. I rushed out there, with my shotgun, and 4 other family members, and 2 dogs in our pickup. The couple explained they were simply looking for the "perfect Christmas tree" had driven by multiple signs saying private property, opened a private gate and drove for half a mile on obviously private property to look "for a tree". When I told them to leave, even with my backup the man STILL acted indigent and rude... when his female companion spoke up saying she "told him multiple times" he cut her off yelling at her to get in the car. Talk about double yikes. And here I thought I got the cameras to protect from bears. So far they have been more helpful in catching people!

What are your neighbors like?
I think I may have already replied if I have sorry but I didn't see it on here. I have all sorts of neighbors here but there is an apartment complex close that is lower income people too and a lot of rental houses around as well. It could very easily be someone looking for eggs because they are hungry. I have been down two eggs a day but no sign of anymore tampering since the door was left off the rooster coop and I put out alarms, camera and a sign saying some pretty harsh threats. Thank you for your question.

I look forward to hearing about what you catch on your cameras! Loving everyone stories of what their cameras have caught people doing. I have Reolink cameras in the runs, coop, and all around the house. I live in the country as well on a good number of acres. The cameras have done a great job helping me solve a number of "mysteries" over the years. Believe it or not but on Thanksgiving day I happened to glance at the camera feed on my phone and could see from one of the run cameras a couple stomping around the treeline -_-. I rushed out there, with my shotgun, and 4 other family members, and 2 dogs in our pickup. The couple explained they were simply looking for the "perfect Christmas tree" had driven by multiple signs saying private property, opened a private gate and drove for half a mile on obviously private property to look "for a tree". When I told them to leave, even with my backup the man STILL acted indigent and rude... when his female companion spoke up saying she "told him multiple times" he cut her off yelling at her to get in the car. Talk about double yikes. And here I thought I got the cameras to protect from bears. So far they have been more helpful in catching people!
Yeah another shotgun toter! I had mine in hand yesterday when I saw people at the abandoned house on the hill where they have broken out many windows. I notified the owner and she found out it was her handiman. Thank goodness! Love my shotgun for security. My camera so far has been not very clear and showing false images too. I have to adjust it for sure and call tech support. The live audio feed is very helpful. My old camera was much better than this new one. I do have another like my old one that I haven't setup yet.

Yeah another shotgun toter! I had mine in hand yesterday when I saw people at the abandoned house on the hill where they have broken out many windows. I notified the owner and she found out it was her handiman. Thank goodness! Love my shotgun for security. My camera so far has been not very clear and showing false images too. I have to adjust it for sure and call tech support. The live audio feed is very helpful. My old camera was much better than this new one. I do have another like my old one that I haven't setup yet.
Not all cameras are equal. YouTube has some good videos of the different cameras. Here most of the predators roam at night. I wanted a camera that didn't have to be too close but still have a good nighttime pictures. Most of my cameras are identical to this one. Good luck...
https://www.amazon.com/REXING-Woodl...rds=game+trail+camera&qid=1607870600&sr=8-114
SAVAGameCamera.jpg
Stealing the money out of the egg money cookie jar. Picture taken with a camera identical to the one above. The light above the thief is another camera focused on the cookie jar. You can't actually see it but appears to be lit up from the view of this camera.
DSCF0002AB 20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom