Does anybody have any experience with Zyfend as a dewormer?

I have been worming my hens for the last couple of months with Zyfend A.I have seen no worms at all in their droppings.I normally use safeguard.Which is a goat wormer.I had read about it here and decided to give Zyfend a try.I order it from Jeffers Livestock.
Ive been using zyfend every 3 weeks for several months now and one of my oldest hen (7yrsold) has green watery poop now so im debating on using safeguard IF she has worms. where do i get safeguard and what dosage? Thanks

Ive been using zyfend every 3 weeks for several months now and one of my oldest hen (7yrsold) has green watery poop now so im debating on using safeguard IF she has worms. where do i get safeguard and what dosage? Thanks
It would be best to have her poop checked for worm eggs, coccidia, and bacteria. Green watery poop can be caused by so many things, but if you want to try Safeguard you will find it at Tractor Supply in the goat/cattle section. The dose I use is 0.23 ml per pound of body weight for five consecutive days. Please do consider having a vet look at her poop first, that is the best thing to do.

It would be best to have her poop checked for worm eggs, coccidia, and bacteria. Green watery poop can be caused by so many things, but if you want to try Safeguard you will find it at Tractor Supply in the goat/cattle section. The dose I use is 0.23 ml per pound of body weight for five consecutive days. Please do consider having a vet look at her poop first, that is the best thing to do.
I went and took it in for fecal test and the results she has nothing wrong with her, no worms no parasite. Could it be vent gleet? if so then ACV and probiotics to recover, any suggestions or ideas why?

I went and took it in for fecal test and the results she has nothing wrong with her, no worms no parasite. Could it be vent gleet? if so then ACV and probiotics to recover, any suggestions or ideas why?
Gleet can be a bacterial infection or a yeast infection.

I just read and article in the Backyard Poultry Magazine (Apr/May 2013) called "healthy guts...healthy birds" where it mentions Zyfend as a safe natural alternative non-synthetic water supplement that has been proven in large organic and natural layer flocks to offset worm related issues without the need to discard the eggs.
I have not researched more about this particular product but wanted to know offhand if anybody has tested it and what their opinions are.
I see that the product mentions this, but it does not clearly say that it is a dewormer, just "offsets worm-related issues." So it doesn't seem to be an actual dewormer just helps with things that are caused by the worms.

Back
Top Bottom