Does anybody have Camels?

Quote:
Well, it's probably worth double what a regular camel is worth because it has two humps instead of the ordinary single hump..
lau.gif

Quote:
yeah, plus you have a built-in back rest if you ride between the humps. And a place to set your coffee on the front hump. Pretty cozy ride in my opinion!

guy down the road from me has 4 of them, he sales the babys for $12000 each and they have a baby every 13 months!!! they are very cool and i want one!!

i gave one of my alpacas a mohawk i think he looks like a camel now!! lol

0623111246a.jpg

There is an older couple here in east Mountains of New Mexico who own five camels. Apparently they rescued them from Zoo's which had too many. Three of them are housed at the ABQ Zoo and used for camel rides. The other two are kept with their horses.

I find Camels are very interesting creatures. they can withstand harsh environments and they can go for days with out water. In Egypt they are very valuable and exceptional ones especially those in rarer colors, will fetch 10s of thousands of dollars. Often times they will trade cars, one or more, for a camel. Indeed a very interesting and valuable animal.

Quote:
I actually watch, in it's entirety, a show about Mongolian camel farmers. They have those two hump things and ride them like John Wayne on a horse. To say the least it was interesting. They DO use that back hump as a rest, no saddles at all, only reins.

They used to breed and run wild in the southwest deserts, some here, after basically being turned loose. Some still claim to have sightings of them.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom