Does anybody watch Cake Boss and/or Ace of Cakes?

BigIslandChicks that is a awesome cake! I took the cake decorating 4-H project and like I said before my mom has a business so I get to play around with cakes. I got first place at the county and went on the the state fair and won first place down there too! Here is a picture of the cake I made for judging

44519_stump_cake.jpg

I sculped the gnome out of fondant by using a book on how to make figures out of polymer clay and I just covered the cake in fondant and put pieces on for the roots. Then used a grass tip for around the base. And used some thinned food coloring for the accents. The flowers were cut out with a small cookie cutter.

Beautiful Cakes in the posts above!
I have a bakery and decorate cakes too. Cake boss is like wrestling, (fake). Here is a picture of a 3 tier wedding cake I did for a couples wedding. This cake weighed in excess of 130 lbs. and I had to have my DH carry it to the site and I constructed the cake on site. In August! (Hot)
67908_butterflies.jpg

Last edited:
Cake Boss in my opinion is overly "drama"tized. I can't stand to listen to Buddy talk and yell and he is so arrogant. Arrghh! But we do like his spin off "The Next Great Baker" or whatever that is. Only because he's not the center of attention. And yes as someone else said some of the accidents could be prevented but there goes Buddy's drama. I just wish they would make cakes and film that and forget all the other nonsense.

Bunny you cake it beautiful!!! Yes it is very dramatic on Cake Boss. And the yelling drives me crazy. That's why I prefer Ace of Cakes. But this is the last season I guess
sad.png

Gorgeous cakes ya'll!

I like Ace of Cakes... but he reminds me of my brother, though my brother couldn't cook a french fry out of a frozen bag, let alone a cake! LOL

I am dreaming of my own bakery one day... we're planning on building a kitchen here for my business, but I'll be focused on jams & cookies. I'm practicing with cupcakes right now. But never could even dream of cakes like those. I would love too... but I have 2 at home bakers in less then 1/4 mile from me who make and focus on wedding cakes! Don't need the competition. Besides, one lady did my wedding cake and I still think she is sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!!! I want to go interview her for my blog and get some perspective on building my extended kitchen
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I like the cake boss, have not seen Ace of Cakes yet.

But, if I paid $$$ for a Special Buddy cake and it was a bunch of rice crispy treats......I would NOT be a happy camper!

Back
Top Bottom