Does anyone else have really DUMB guineas?

Anyone with guineas has experienced this. 🙄🤣
Oh yes. I will say that it’s not just guineas. My hens trap themselves in my fenced garden: they find the doorway in but can’t find it to leave, just like the guineas. And sadly, I saw a tufted titmouse that had managed to get into the Guinea run when their door was open. I opened the door again and tried to direct the titmouse out. It was so small it was hard to see, but I couldn’t find it so thought it had gotten out, but left the door open for 6 hr in case it was still in the run somewhere. The next day, I found the titmouse dead in the run; it had not gotten out after all. I also spent some time trying to catch a hummingbird that got into my chicken run. I really like hummingbirds so was about crying when I couldn’t catch the tiny thing or direct it out. TG I finally netted it with a butterfly net and released it.

Ooof, Savage Sydney!:lau
Aw, it wasn't meant to be. I've felt like the dumb cluck a few times when it was pointed out that the person I was responding to hadn't been seen on site in ten years.
But I do admit to getting my feathers up when goonies are deemed dumb, unfit parents, or otherwise featherbrains. Hope I didn't offend, @Thorsson. You responded bc you'd just hatched. It takes awhile to catch on to the pecking order.
OMG...there's someone on the chicken side who posts in riddles all the time...I think I might have got her coffee this a.m. by mistake...

Attachments

• 2021-06-30 18.04.34.jpg
    2021-06-30 18.04.34.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 1
Oh yes. I will say that it’s not just guineas. My hens trap themselves in my fenced garden: they find the doorway in but can’t find it to leave, just like the guineas. And sadly, I saw a tufted titmouse that had managed to get into the Guinea run when their door was open. I opened the door again and tried to direct the titmouse out. It was so small it was hard to see, but I couldn’t find it so thought it had gotten out, but left the door open for 6 hr in case it was still in the run somewhere. The next day, I found the titmouse dead in the run; it had not gotten out after all. I also spent some time trying to catch a hummingbird that got into my chicken run. I really like hummingbirds so was about crying when I couldn’t catch the tiny thing or direct it out. TG I finally netted it with a butterfly net and released it.
Honestly, I've done it myself...

Back
Top Bottom