Does anyone else use Molly's Herbal Wormer on their chickens?

I love Molly's, it saved a miniature horse filly's life that we rescued. I had tried all the normal chemical wormers and nothing was working. She wouldn't hardly eat, was extremely thin, her heart rate was 200 BPM, and she was so sluggish and depressed. I knew by the way her coat and extremely large tummy looked that she was infested with parasites, but I was puzzeled as to why the wormers were not working. I started researching and I remembered when we had goats that I was looking into Molly's wormer, I decided to try it because nothing else was working and this little filly wasn't going to last much longer. About 3 days later after using the wormer I started seeing large amounts of roundworms in her poop. It took about a month before it cleared them all out, that's how infested she was. She is a different little horse now, she looks so much better and eats like a pig! So Molly's really did save her life.
I have horses, dogs, cats, pigs and chickens. This wormer works on all of them. But I have had a harder time with giving it to the chickens, they leave it in the bottom of the feed bowl, but I'm hoping they are getting some of it. I have not had any issues with worms in the chickens, so hopefully it is working. I know this stuff works! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to administer it to them.

I love Molly's, it saved a miniature horse filly's life that we rescued. I had tried all the normal chemical wormers and nothing was working. She wouldn't hardly eat, was extremely thin, her heart rate was 200 BPM, and she was so sluggish and depressed. I knew by the way her coat and extremely large tummy looked that she was infested with parasites, but I was puzzeled as to why the wormers were not working. I started researching and I remembered when we had goats that I was looking into Molly's wormer, I decided to try it because nothing else was working and this little filly wasn't going to last much longer. About 3 days later after using the wormer I started seeing large amounts of roundworms in her poop. It took about a month before it cleared them all out, that's how infested she was. She is a different little horse now, she looks so much better and eats like a pig! So Molly's really did save her life.
I have horses, dogs, cats, pigs and chickens. This wormer works on all of them. But I have had a harder time with giving it to the chickens, they leave it in the bottom of the feed bowl, but I'm hoping they are getting some of it. I have not had any issues with worms in the chickens, so hopefully it is working. I know this stuff works! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to administer it to them.
Have you tried making a mash of their feed and adding the powder to it. I give my girls a mash with unfilter/with mother apple cider vingar mixed in and they love it. They also like yougart, which would be good to mix the powder into. Is there a waiting period before you can eat the eggs after using this wormer?

I know I am having roundworm issues. Too expensive to keep running to the vet with samples. I just ordered a microscope. I had microbiology in college. I'm going to give it a whirl. I 'm going to Molly's website after this. What kind go dosing is it with birds? I have all kinds of critters so everyone is getting checked.
Thanks for the info!

Hi there from Western Australia
caf.gif
. I also am looking for a Herbal De-wormer for my chooks
D.gif
D.gif
....as certainly don't like the commercial brands. Just wish we had something like 'Molly's' down here....it would make searching a breeze! But then you never know....I might yet strike it lucky in the days to come.

Wish me luck
idunno.gif

Janebo

Molly uses 1 tblsp. per 6 chickens for both the 3-day dosage and the weekly dosage, so that's the rule I go by, too.

Rachel

Just wanted to follow-up that I am very pleased with Molly's. Of course, I still put garlic and periodic ACV in their water, too; but I feel confident that MOlly's gives that extra bit of insurance against worms. we haven't come across anymore in our butchering since we began using it.
D.gif
clap.gif

I mix it in a mash of oats and kefir or oats and yogurt.

Rachel

How often do you treat your hens with mollys, weekly? Nice to know there's an herbal remedy always better to avoid chemicals if you can.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this! I just spent the last half hour looking at this stuff and comparisons versus chemical wormers and I'm SO glad you made this thread for me to find! :bow I just emailed about shipping costs, hopefully it's not too much, I plan to order this on payday! I bought piperazine months ago but it doesn't work for what one of my hens has but yesterday I found a different worm in one of the phoenixes' poo. I did find out that that one is roundworm so I'm gonna use the piperazine tomorrow (have it anyway and there's no waiting period for eating eggs like with all the other chemical stuff).

I know this is an old stream , so hopefully you are still active on the site. I am waiting for my first shipment of Molly's wormer to use for my chickens, and I am interested to hear about your experience with it. Are you still using it for your chickens, have you noticed a difference in them..their appearance, egg laying, overall general health?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom