Does anyone have a barred rock rooster close to Jennings Florida ?

Click edit in your first post and update the title.
smile.png

MSDURAS....I dont think I can "legally" ship live birds. Cyn, do you know? I am not NPIP certified or anything.....certainly want to stay legal.

I wonder if Halo could help, she's in N Fla (I'll PM her and ask)...Msduras, what city are you in?

No, Scott, no one who is not NPIP or at least has a vet's certificate can ship legally. If you go to the Florida Dept of Agriculture, you should be able to find the information required for shipping birds into their state. Actually, the same is true for hatching eggs most of the time. And some states also ask that you have a permit to ship into their state, in addition to the other requirements. It's easy to hide what you're shipping with eggs, but not birds, especially since they have to have a special bio-filter box to be shipped. It's pretty hot to ship birds in the south right now anyway.

Quote:
Thanks...I sent Kathy a PM. I bet she has a source down there somewhere. These boys I have need to go to the livestock sale this weekend. Gotta make room for Del babies....due in just 6 days!!

Thanks again for the expert advise.

I have a blue/barred rock cockerel that needs a new home. He is from Halo's breeding. He hatched May 19-20, 2009. We are just south of Gainesville, FL. Here are a few photos - taken this past weekend:

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0600-1.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

Back
Top Bottom