does anyone have a big shed half coop half storage ?

We just built the coop in out shed. Pardon the holes in the walls, DH and I had a disagreement on how to make the separating wall. No making fun of my inability to use a level either...it's stable, the door works beautifully, and everyone is happy
smile.png

54632_coop.jpg

Outside view:
54632_coop2.jpg

The shed is 10x20, the coop is 10x10
smile.png

ETA: We cut most of the back wall top half off for ventilation, it's mostly, but not completely, covered right now for winter.

Last edited:
very nice, I really like it. If I put lawn motor in the storage area along with garden tools, the dust that chickens have, will it do any harm to the lawn motor you think ? If it doesn't I will it like yours, very nice indeed
smile.png
thank you for sharing.

Quote:
I am so jealous of your setup! That is one heck of a chicken house!
thumbsup.gif
Wish I could find a place that has an old building like that on it that is in decent shape. You have the best I have seen, I would have yours over any brand new expensive fancy place no matter how much money I could afford.

Thank you for sharing.
smile.png

We have a 12X 16 shed. About a third of it is chicken coop and the other 2/3 is for the riding lawn mower etc. We've only had chickens in it since September. There is a lot of dust. We've covered the lawn mower with a heavy tarp. Hope it continues to work for us. The diving wall is 2 by 4's with chicken wire. I spent 2 hours out there yesterday waiting to see an egg laid and wasn't too cold, even in 24 degree weather. Although water will freeze over night, I haven't gotten any frozen eggs yet.

60442_chickens_september_031.jpg

60442_chickens_september_032.jpg

ETA pictures

Last edited:
35943_img_0123.jpg

The smaller half (10 x 11) or so, is for the chickens. (The right side) Of course the way things are going I am thinking we are probably going to convert some (if not all) of the other side into coop as well.

It is really nice to have a storage area and hospital room etc. There is another wall inside separating the two halves with a door inbetween them.

I just read the other posters and the whole building is pretty tight but we do have at least one mouse in the storage side! With all the spilled BOSS it was kind of inevitable.

Last edited:
I am so jealous of those last 2 post/picutres.
My coop is in our garage, but it is only 2.5' wide. makes it hard to clean up, etc.
they have a window they go in and out of to the yard.

I want to build one like that, but my DH is not handy. I have built everything so far with help from my dad. We do alright, but its not pretty!

We want to move, so I am on the lookout for good coops. It will have to be very predator proof, as I believe raccoons and coyotes are in the area where we are going.

KimberlyJ and Qi Chickens, OMG just simply beautiful
droolin.gif
ep.gif

KimberlyJ, did you make the run-roof professionally made or did you guys build it ?
Qi Chickens, do you have more pictures, I would love to see more pls
big_smile.png

Everyone's coop here are so creative and beautiful. After seeing everyone's coop/shed, I feel like
sickbyc.gif
when I look at mine
sad.png

davony's chicks :

Quote:
I am so jealous of your setup! That is one heck of a chicken house!
thumbsup.gif
Wish I could find a place that has an old building like that on it that is in decent shape. You have the best I have seen, I would have yours over any brand new expensive fancy place no matter how much money I could afford.

Thank you for sharing.
smile.png

thank you.
idunno.gif
I get jealous of all these other nice coops.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom