Does anyone have a day old chick in Illinois?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Birdys Barnyard, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Birdys Barnyard

Birdys Barnyard Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2009
    I just hatched a lonely chick and would really like to find a playmate for it. I was hoping someone from Central or North Illinois could part with a young chick.

2. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    You should really post this in the "buy-sell-trade Chicks/chickens" message board... Much more likely to find somone local, who can help!!
    [​IMG] Good luck!!

3. Birdys Barnyard

Jan 9, 2009
    Ok thanks!

4. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    If you can't find any I have 2 bantam eggs hatching in a few days in eastern Iowa. Free if you can drive to about the IL border to get them. I'm not interested in keeping anymore buffs and was just testing whether my black tailed buff hen was fertile and producing healthy chicks.

5. adkins90

adkins90 Truly Obsessed...

Jan 30, 2007
    Huntington, WV
    I feel your pain. I had 3 little bantam chicks to hatch. Checked on them before I went to bed, all was good...checked when I got up, the heat lamp bulb had blown (brand new only used for 2 days) and 2 of the 3 were dead. I am sooo upset...and the little chick is very lonely.

Michelle

6. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I have babies that I hatched Nov 8. I have a rosecomb that you can have for $6.

7. Birdys Barnyard

Jan 9, 2009
    I am really wanting days old chicks as a playmate. Bumping up this thread in case someone close to me has a hatch. I have my lonesome chick in the brooder now all alone. [​IMG]

8. I'M On Island Time

I'M On Island Time Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2008
    Chain O'Lakes IL
    I ended up raising a lone chick...she turned out fine. Had some socialization issues growing up with the other hens, and ended up wearing a diaper and living in my house at night, but could go out during the day with the big girls.

Hope you find a chick. I was planning on hatching some this winter, but got too busy with the holidays and such.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by