Does anyone have a Muscovy that looks like this?

The drakes were blue and brown. The duck was a blue and white pied. I don't know what color it is called. We just called them peach cheeks.

Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure that you have not Faiogeno/Sepia(bronze in Australia) gene in your flock. Sorry!
I´m also pretty sure that you don´t have something else calles bronze by some in US or in the rest of the world. Sorry again!

This apricot brown tone, I have seen before in some specific silver line and I have to admit that it probably was not such a good line. Got the impression that it was not really pure Muscovy ducks so I released it early to continue with better genetic material.

But, she is cute anyway
smile.png

Its very rare to not have a pure Muscovy. However there are some lines coming out of the Orient. Im sure to get the very large whites the French did some mixing as well. The line I have is as pure as any in the US. I don't know what that says as many back yard flocks to let ducks run together and if they cross they cross, but on average, they do not.
I have wondered myself if the ones with the very dark blood red under body weren't a cross with Rouen, or Mallard, however they are very large, and would not look and produce like Muscovy if this was the case. Like you, at one time, I did question it.
I have also had it suggested that the hen was a silver. The person had only seen the duck in photos. In real life, I assure you she is white. She was just like the other white ducklings when hatched. This peach color only shows it's self in the same lines as the blood breasted birds. A mutation I have yet to have anyone identify.

The photo of the birds that may be comparable are not so good.. it looks like it could be the same? but not clear. Love the pearl.

Back
Top Bottom