Does anyone have a Muscovy that looks like this?

If all Muscovies were as darling as yours, I would have a big flock of my own. But for now, they freak me out.
sickbyc.gif

I'm not seeing the white line you are referring to.

awe you should have some Muscovy are like dogs, they wag their tails and everything. You would love them. I do have other ducks, I have Cayuga and Pastel/buff, but the Muscovy are just beyond duck.

i have one very similar, same age. she is orange barred, but instead of white down the back of her neck she has a brown smudge. i was thinking she was tortora, but another thought was that the orange could be a colour mutation? her parents are silver split for bronze into blue pied split for bronze. i'm doing a bit of work with tortora at the moment to try and figure out exactly what they look like, "schaman" has a head start on me though!
big_smile.png

yours looks a little more apricot in colour in the photo with a white tinge instead of a silver tinge like mine. interesting stuff!

this is the best pic i have of her at the moment, its been hard to get a sunny day to try and pick up the colour with the camera.

orangebarred.jpg

since I don't have any "known" bronze in my flock. yes this is interesting. yes Mine is more apricot. Here are some pics of her at the same age your duckling is now...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here she is as a duckling. She is the most white one.

This is a drake with the same pattern just darker. He is out of an aunt ( full sister to the mother of the hen) and the same drake. Basically exact genetics, just different mothers.

I have had someone say that these are homozygous for blue and chocolate, however the hen shows no silver at all.. none.. not a spec of blue.

I would LOVE to see some good pics of your tortora birds to compare. Im starting to wonder if I don't have some bronze in my flock and don't know it.

Thank you for sharing and your help. I love unraveling the mystery that is the muscovy color..
big_smile.png

i had several in my hatches this year. They looked just like your girl and i think they were all girls too.

Back
Top Bottom