Lol it's not just the snakes. We have all those mean spiders, and also any predator that's in NC, we ha e right here. In our backyard. I never thought about it before until a friend from Detroit Michigan came to visit a few years ago. It was September, and already really cold up there. It was warm here, and he was saying how good it felt. I told him that he and his wife should retire here. He looked at me like I was completely nuts. Lol he said no way. Y'all have all the poisonous snakes and spiders here. I said y'all don't have any? He said hell no it's too cold. First time I realized there is a price to pay for warmer climates. 😆🤷🏻‍♀️
@Miss Lydia is in NC

Does anybody else have a Muscovy hen that will absolutely NOT let anyone know where she is nesting? Her name is Lillie, and she is like Houdini. We have tried following her without being seen, but I swear she is psychic and will stop and go somewhere else and hide, making us believe we have found her nest, only to wait till we turn out back, and she'd vanished again. We have spent so much time spying on her, and trying to find her, it's crazy. I don't know how she does it. She won't even let other Muscovies know where she is nesting. The first time, we found her and her nest, but we knew it had to be close to hatching time and we didn't or couldn't destroy the nest. She had 9 that time. The 2nd time, she had 11 babies and we still don't know where the nest was. We don't want any more babies, but how do we stop it? I have a super hard time trying to stop them from living their best life and doing what they want to. If we could find the eggs, I don't mind taking them daily, but she makes it impossible. I'm thinking our only option, is a private investigator at this point. 😆
That's funny you call her houdini - I had one just like her that I named Donella, she would do the same, she could get out of enclosures areas the others couldn't figure out. Anyhow, one day I was collecting an egg and I had a baby! He grew into a big brat named houdini because of his mom's antics.

That's funny you call her houdini - I had one just like her that I named Donella, she would do the same, she could get out of enclosures areas the others couldn't figure out. Anyhow, one day I was collecting an egg and I had a baby! He grew into a big brat named houdini because of his mom's antics.
Maybe they are all related 😆. Can't help but love em. They definitely keep us on our toes.

Western NC.
I'm in the piedmont. You live in those beautiful mountains. I bet you love it there. My little brother went to western carolina and loved it. I've been to black mountain, Asheville, Jefferson, and a few other places I can't recall right now. Jefferson was probably the coolest. Such a small little town. I was lucky to go when I did and with the people I did. Their little teeny church was having their homecoming and we all got to go. It was so beautiful up there.

I'm in the piedmont. You live in those beautiful mountains. I bet you love it there. My little brother went to western carolina and loved it. I've been to black mountain, Asheville, Jefferson, and a few other places I can't recall right now. Jefferson was probably the coolest. Such a small little town. I was lucky to go when I did and with the people I did. Their little teeny church was having their homecoming and we all got to go. It was so beautiful up there.
I love Jefferson too.

Did you find the nest? or give up?
We never found the nest. She hatched em, so we quit looking. She came parading all 11 beautiful babies around the yard. She is a hatching machine, and I was looking for advice for the future. These babies are getting big now, almost 2 months, and I know she will use her intelligent transporting skills to nest again soon.

Back
Top Bottom