If it was that easy and quick one should be able to just follow the duck.
Knowing my place and how my ducks are I'm imaging it'd take a very long length and there's no way it wouldn't get tangled up quickly.
Now if I could get her to take to the air to get to her nest it might work. I could follow the string like it was a crashed kite.
Oh goodness,even just waiting for her to finish doing their outdoor stuff to go back can take a while. And I have some that seem to realize that I'm watching them.and will just delay going back until I leave

wow maybe you would have to lock her up that would be so sad, though what if you could put a little leg tag on her with a homing signal? Or possibly strap a small video camera on her and then watch the video later and you’ll know where she went? I don’t have any muskies and my ducks live in a 3000 square-foot area so I don’t have that problem I’m just making wild guesses here. In the meantime I will tag. @Miss Lydia
I can't lock her up after she's started sitting. For some reason, it just doesn't feel right. I don't want her feelings to hurt. I just wish sometimes I didn't have feelings and could be a real farmer and do what I had to do. But I can't. I worry about how they feel, what they want, and what makes them happy. I always try to do what's best for them, but if it's not hurting anything but my feelings when I have to find them homes, I can't stop them from doing what they want. I know I'm such a weenie and too emotional. Some people think I'm crazy for feeling the way I do. But I don't really care, as long as my bestest flockmates are happy. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can't lock her up after she's started sitting. For some reason, it just doesn't feel right. I don't want her feelings to hurt. I just wish sometimes I didn't have feelings and could be a real farmer and do what I had to do. But I can't. I worry about how they feel, what they want, and what makes them happy. I always try to do what's best for them, but if it's not hurting anything but my feelings when I have to find them homes, I can't stop them from doing what they want. I know I'm such a weenie and too emotional. Some people think I'm crazy for feeling the way I do. But I don't really care, as long as my bestest flockmates are happy. 🤷🏻‍♀️
i agree i couldn’t either i’m also a softie ❤️

When mine were young they would climb up under the ramp going into the coop very small opening but some one would make it under or my husband's workshop they would get under there. I had to put hardware cloth and cover every nook and cranny. They finally started using the coops to nest in.
I had an OEGB hen who I would have to stake out to find her nest though it was I spy I found all but one and a very small predator found that one:(
We've found chickens laying all over the place, but none of them want to sit. Ever. It just seems to be the one Muscovy. Oh I forgot about the time before this when she disappeared. She was under a piece of roof in the backyard. That's the year we had the snake problem. When we went looking for snakes, she was nested about 3 foot from 3 big black racers. I don't know how she didn't get killed. The same year, another Muscovy hen, Loretta lynn got murdered by a snake. It tried to swallow her, couldnt because of her size, so it spit her back out. It was horrible. But we had 2 other Muscovies setting at the same time, Lillie and mo. Snakes got all their eggs. It was so sad. Mr scovy was beside himself. He would go from one to the other, to the other. He didn't know what to do. It reminded us of a nervous dad who knocked up 3 women at the same time. 😆. "As the Muscovy hatches." That's our soap opera.

We've found chickens laying all over the place, but none of them want to sit. Ever. It just seems to be the one Muscovy. Oh I forgot about the time before this when she disappeared. She was under a piece of roof in the backyard. That's the year we had the snake problem. When we went looking for snakes, she was nested about 3 foot from 3 big black racers. I don't know how she didn't get killed. The same year, another Muscovy hen, Loretta lynn got murdered by a snake. It tried to swallow her, couldnt because of her size, so it spit her back out. It was horrible. But we had 2 other Muscovies setting at the same time, Lillie and mo. Snakes got all their eggs. It was so sad. Mr scovy was beside himself. He would go from one to the other, to the other. He didn't know what to do. It reminded us of a nervous dad who knocked up 3 women at the same time. 😆. "As the Muscovy hatches." That's our soap opera.
where do you live?

Oh lol I was hoping somebody was close by. Where r u?
north eastern maryland! your snakes just sounds so scary I kind of wanted to know where I shouldn’t ever move lol😱
Lol it's not just the snakes. We have all those mean spiders, and also any predator that's in NC, we ha e right here. In our backyard. I never thought about it before until a friend from Detroit Michigan came to visit a few years ago. It was September, and already really cold up there. It was warm here, and he was saying how good it felt. I told him that he and his wife should retire here. He looked at me like I was completely nuts. Lol he said no way. Y'all have all the poisonous snakes and spiders here. I said y'all don't have any? He said hell no it's too cold. First time I realized there is a price to pay for warmer climates. 😆🤷🏻‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom