What breed are you?!

Crazy Birds

Chirping
Mar 22, 2022
Last year around this time I picked up a pair of ducklings from TSC.. I thought I knew what they were but I'm so lost with them.
The female I thought originally a Welsh harlequin but now I think just a poorly bred runner? Or even a welsh/runner mix? The baby photo and ~6-month photo are below. I don't have any recent pictures of her but she's starting to get black/grey spots on her chest. Will get some pictures tomorrow when I'm home. She lays tiny (I mean bantam chicken-sized) blue eggs.
Fozzy-Bear.jpg 20230613_112121.jpg 20230613_112112.jpg
Her boyfriend I thought was a Swedish blue but he DEFINITELY has runner in him. Don't have any recent pictures of him either, but both do the runner duck pace. He has a tiny little white mark left on his chest and only three green feathers on his head. You can see him in the backgroud of the third picture of Fozzy. Can always get more of him as well if he decides to behave :fl
20230520_160517.jpg 20230613_112222.jpg Animal-Duck.jpg

You’re pretty much right on the money.

She IS very Welsh-like, minus the blue on her wings. Her baby picture looks very welsh, too. Welsh x Runner sounds like a possibility to me. I’ve seen a few pictures that are very similar to your girl, but they don’t have an ID paired with them :confused:
Also, I’m surprised her eggs are so small.

I’d say your boy was a Blue Runner if it weren’t for the white on his chest. Perhaps he is mixed, too. Maybe even Blue Swedish x Blue Runner?

I’m sure there’s someone else who knows more and can give a definite answer 😂

Hi! Thank you for your response! Admittedly, I did a deep dive on runners today while at work (instead of working :oops: ) and found quite a few that look EXACTLY like her. They were labeled as silver.. Will have to find the thread, but does anyone know if that sounds correct?

Back
Top Bottom