You might want to consider a pen for her over summer where she can still see everyone but she can’t hide her nest. I have 2 Muscovy females I have to keep penned in spring through summer to keep my 2 Runner drakes off of them they will be 13 yrs in July and don’t need to be chased all over the place.

She is very determined. I can assure you, she will fly over the fence. I was talking to the guy that owns the feed store, and he said he has the same issue with 3 of his Muscovy hens. He said 2 are nesting at home now, and the other 3 are somewhere on a hidden nest. I'm wondering if Muscovy hens all have invisibility cloaks? 🤔 Maybe that's their secret. The ladies do have "meetings" where they stand around and Bob their heads and wag their tails and make their cute little trilling sounds, they're probably talking about nest tricks and the hot spots of the season to make a nest. They might all consult with Lillie to see what she says would be a prime nest spot. Who knows. I don't put anything past them. They are a lot smarter than we are. I know they talk crap about us and how ugly our feathers are. They probably call us stupid too. I can hear em now, giggling, saying how we try so hard to find Lillie's nest every time, and never can. Apparently, we are lesser than the mighty Muscovy. 😂 I don't mind. They can gossip and say whatever. I still love em.

She is very determined. I can assure you, she will fly over the fence. I was talking to the guy that owns the feed store, and he said he has the same issue with 3 of his Muscovy hens. He said 2 are nesting at home now, and the other 3 are somewhere on a hidden nest. I'm wondering if Muscovy hens all have invisibility cloaks? 🤔 Maybe that's their secret. The ladies do have "meetings" where they stand around and Bob their heads and wag their tails and make their cute little trilling sounds, they're probably talking about nest tricks and the hot spots of the season to make a nest. They might all consult with Lillie to see what she says would be a prime nest spot. Who knows. I don't put anything past them. They are a lot smarter than we are. I know they talk crap about us and how ugly our feathers are. They probably call us stupid too. I can hear em now, giggling, saying how we try so hard to find Lillie's nest every time, and never can. Apparently, we are lesser than the mighty Muscovy. 😂 I don't mind. They can gossip and say whatever. I still love em.
They are def sneaky little things.

But so wonderful. Lol so smart, beautiful, funny and just so much fun to watch. I love my scovies. Mr scovy, the dominate male is hilarious but hates me the most...well out of the drake's anyway. His lovely main lady, mo scovy, has the biggest attitude for such a little lady. She looks at us like she will beat us to death if we even try to come near her. My husband managed to catch her ONE time, and brought her in the house for me to cuddle and give her some love. I was sitting in the recliner with her on my lap and I dozed off. I woke up a couple times to find her staring me down. Every. Single. Time. It was kinda creepy. Lol I could feel the anger and just pure disgust oozing out of her. The look on her face, especially in her eyes, told me that if she could hold a large weapon, like an axe, hammer, shovel, knife, or anything else to beat me to death with, I'd have not survived the night. She was wishing me harm. I could feel it. I honestly don't think she ever even moved. She just stayed still, staring at me in my face. Kinda like one of those possessed people that stand beside the bed and just stare at whoever is sleeping. It was like that. She could've killed me, I wouldn't have cared. It was the first and most likely the last time I'll ever get to hang out with her for a girls night. It was priceless to me. I hate I slept through a lot of it, but not as much as she hated it and me. She's still a little salty because of it. And that was 2 years ago. 😆. Them scovies are something else. So much personality in such a beautiful little body. I know a lady that does animal rescue, has some ducks and chickens and all kinds of other animals, and I asked her if she wanted some Muscovies because we had so many. I did not expect her to say what she did. *Trigger warning* no I don't want Muscovies. They are so ugly. 😲😳🙄🤔 I said what? Are you kidding me right now? They are wonderful and beautiful and so amazing to have around. She said no. I haven't spoke to her since. I have a rule, if you don't like chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, Muscovies or any other feathery amazing soul, we can't be friends. 😐😡 Not even a little bit. That's why animals are so much cooler than humans. Although, I do always feel judged by our flock. 🤔 They are buttholes sometimes, but so are humans. I'll take the judgemental flock anyway!

Back
Top Bottom