Does Anyone Have an Araucana/ Buff Orpington Mix?

peepinglaura

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
I just bought 4 chicks of this mix, and can't picture the grown-up result. Does anyone have any, and have pics?

Thanks,

Laura

I see that this is an old thread but I'm curious as what this cross looks like too. Do you have any pictures?

That's funny cause I just set some from my flock with this combo, I would be curious to see some pics also. I figured they both have great personalities and should be good layers!

Here's pics of my American/Buff orpington chicks. They are just two weeks old this week but I think they will be very interesting colors when they fill out.

So are the amaricana's rumples? I have 8 adult hens and I have never noticed that before? I don't have any roosters though so I never thought about it. There is a lot of the buff color coming through right now, they look very mottled but they are still young. I took more pics the other day but didn't get them online yet. My hens have the gray green legs and lay blue/green eggs. The chicks look like they will have a pea comb but have tan colored legs. They are four weeks old now.

No, I think they are supposed to have tails. I thought we were talking about rumples Araucanas like in the title of this post. I'll keep an eye out for more pictures from you. They are fun to watch as they fill in.

Back
Top Bottom