Does anyone have an inkling on my EE gender?

Chickole

In the Brooder
Oct 11, 2023
SoCal Mountains
4 weeks as of yesterday! I know that it’s hard to tell until maybe 4 or so more weeks and even harder for EE, so longer.. She’s a green queen from MyPetChicken. Just wanted to start the process of finding someone once they mature, as my buff is a male and we only have 3 other (hopefully) females. The green queen is the biggest of the bunch. Thank you!

On a side note, my buff male is SUCH a cool dude! He’s always jumping on me and is hyper as all heck. He steals treats from me and runs away. 😂 We aren’t allowed to have roosters but I love him so much I might make him an indoor pet.

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpeg
    IMG_0473.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0475.jpeg
    IMG_0475.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0414.jpeg
    IMG_0414.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0530.jpeg
    IMG_0530.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0527.jpeg
    IMG_0527.jpeg
    430.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0390.jpeg
    IMG_0390.jpeg
    404.2 KB · Views: 16
He’s always jumping on me and is hyper as all heck. He steals treats from me and runs away.
🚩 jumping on/ riding on you. often leads to aggression.
🚩 being bold (he's not being friendly), typically leads to aggression. In the hierarchy of a flock, the lower members give higher members better treatment and higher perches.
🚩 being greedy about food, doesn't lean well into being a good flock leader. Also van lead to aggression.
What are the red flags and what should be green flags?
🟢 keeping his distance, respecting your space and not bogarting the treats.

🚩 jumping on/ riding on you. often leads to aggression.
🚩 being bold (he's not being friendly), typically leads to aggression. In the hierarchy of a flock, the lower members give higher members better treatment and higher perches.
🚩 being greedy about food, doesn't lean well into being a good flock leader. Also van lead to aggression.

🟢 keeping his distance, respecting your space and not bogarting the treats.
Ah, what a bummer. Thank you for the info. The EE male shows all green flags so I may keep him instead.

Back
Top Bottom