Does anyone have experience with Lyme disease in dogs

So sorry. Am I correct that you are just guessing that your dog has Lyme disease? Is he not able to use any of his legs?

By the way, ticks can become resistant to tick treatments, just like other parasites. If one particular medication is used too much in your area it will eventually stop working.

Again, thank you all of you! I myself have been unwashed, uneaten and extremely depressed, I have not been able to even look at your replies. I even got xanax today (for the first time in my life!) from my doctor, so I'm a little calmer. Update. My most beautiful husky dog in the world with ice blue eyes, my soul, my dear son- companion.
He passed away today 4 hours ago through euthanasia. As I wrote, it was not possible to transport him anywhere. The Lyme disease diagnosis came from me and coordinated over the phone with several vets. AB and painkillers did not help for a week, the plan was to give medicine for 4 weeks. Since last night, the dog had no feeling in its back legs either. As things got crazy and the dog could no longer pee, I immediately decided in favor of euthanasia. The dog is in agony and I feed him terrible strong pills every day. As I wrote, today was euthanasia. The vet came home and it´s became clear to us - the dog has cardiac tamponade after lethal injection. This cardiac disease has no relation to the lame limb. Everything gets even stranger. We have known for 3 years that he has severe allergies in spring and summer. He coughs for 3 years, just little cough. Blood test showed 3 y ago only allergies, vet took then only an x-ray of his lungs, lungs was clean. So everything remains a mystery. So, why I write about messy things. It's my way. This morning I was so exhausted that I wanted a euthanasia injection myself. No one knows the exact diagnoses, not even human diagnoses. This is my way to recovery, grief. Living alone among meadows and forests, no neighbors. My security guard Friss has gone his own way since today. I will not take any more pets in my life. I lost both my dogs within 9 months.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry 😭 sending warm hugs, only time can dull your wounds, give yourself grace to grieve. To lose our beloved pets is heart wrenching.
I have lost my father and grandmother in my life. Both times it was clear that they was going away after a long illness. It wasn't hard if you knew ahead of time. I have such a gene, I often care more about animals than people. I just understand animals more. And I´m 50+ :)

Back
Top Bottom