Does Anyone Have Interesting Salmon Patty Recipes?

Quote:
are you adding an egg to the mix? that's what holds it together. IF you already are then you need to perhaps use two eggs, cook on med and flip only once.
Try the combo pickled jalepenos and fresh basil it really works!

I use salmon - any kind, and cook it in a pan with some olive oil, take all the bones out. I boil and mash redskin potatoes, some dill, lemon pepper, and old bay. an egg, and mash all that together, form it into cakes, and roll it in panko bread crumbs.

Sorry I don't measure.. I just eyeball it to a workable consistency. I really like the potatoes because they make it heartier. Almost like a meal in a patty.

I love the bones. If it's out of a can the bones should be eatable. Mom made salmon patty's all the time and I would pick through mine to get the bones. The little back bones are the best.

I've not seen anyone mention mustard, but sometimes I sprinkle a little mustard powder in the mix .. I never make it the same way twice .. and never measure ..

We LOVE salmon patties here ..
love.gif

Oh, my goodness! Yummy! I was just thinking of salmon patties last night. I have some cooked salmon leftovers from yesterday and thought maybe I'd make some patties out of them. Glad I checked this thread today!

So far the favorite with my family is:

One 7.5oz can of red sockeye salmon with bones & skin (undrained)
One egg
One teaspoon Old Bay Seasonings (more or less, I usually use more because I just like the stuff)
1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
Enough reduced-fat Ritz crackers to absorb the excess liquid (usually 6-8)

Spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray and then add some Earth Balance Buttery Spread ( http://earthbalancenatural.com/ ) Fry the patties up until golden brown and serve with tartar sauce.

**This also makes a GREAT salmon cheeseburger
***The Earth Balance helps it to brown nicely, much like butter would. But it is not as easy to burn as butter is.

I am still experimenting with recipes though...I love playing with my food
big_smile.png

...this thread is bringing back such bad memories for me!
sickbyc.gif

sorry!
hide.gif

I wish we had some good recipes when I was a kid. Hey, maybe you all are saving another child from the life scarring trauma I had to go through!!
thumbsup.gif

ETA: Funny story. My sister had a friend named Bridget. They were both about 10 years old. Bridget insisted on staying for dinner one night. My sister told her we were having Salmon Patties. Bridget said GREAT! Then she was served the salmon....! Let's just say it didn't go over so well when my dad and step-mother wouldn't let her leave the table until she was finished! We did NOT waste food and if we didn't eat it for dinner then we had it for breakfast the next day! So now you understand the sick face!!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL
I felt the same way as a child, I HATED salmon patties...but Mom & Dad were raising 7 kids on a budget, so my opinion didn't count. I didn't start liking salmon patties until my early 30s.

Just made some salmon patties for lunch. It was delish and they cooked up beautifully. I used some leftover salmon (dinner last night), green onion, mayo, salt, pepper, dash of lemon juice, and Townhouse crackers. It was so good!!!!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom