Does anyone have mini cows will you tell me more about them please

cat1994

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Southeast MO
Hi i want cows (i have one big one and want more), but i dont like the big size, so if anyone has mini cows could you tell me about them
smile.png
thanks

Don't have any but we have been researching it. I could keep one regular cow on my property. Being as they are heard animals that wouldn't work. Minis may work though. of we may just in to the old fashioned poor mans cows... Goats.

My brother has the same issue an has his hart set on mini longhorns.
Spotty-449x260.jpg

I got my eye on highlands.
highland-cow-small1.jpg

I love mini cows and i want some Lowline Angus, maybe miniature Herfords, or Galloways
I just want to know if anyone has some mini cows of any breed in MO

bow.gif
that is so cool
are they nice?
are they tame?
where are you?
do you sell them?
are they easy to take care of?

tell me all about them
droolin.gif
they look so cute

i bought mine from a breeder here who trys to keep all his under 33 inches, my bull is registered, my heifer will be when i do it, LOL. Bulls are less than heifers and non reg is less than reg of course. Mini Zebu are easy to take care of..... in colder states they may need more shelter, but they are known for being disease and heat resistant, thrive on even low quality hay/grass and have more twitch muscles to fight flys. If you get them young or bottle fed then they are very easy to handle and they have many shows here in FL where kids and adults show them. Here they are sold as exotic type pets, like Llama & Alpaca, but still used for meat also. They are suppose to have good milk with high butter fat..... my heifer is still young, so I will see in a few years, hehe. My heifer was bottle fed, so she is like a dog. My bull was not, but is friendly although a bit stand offish unless you have cookies... then he's in your pocket, but that is good for a bull. You wouldn't want those horns catching you by accident. If you corner him and he doesn't want to be petted, he lays down...hehe never been aggressive, but all animals have their own personalities, but mini zebu are known for being more gentle cattle. They get along well with all my other animals and about the only problem I have had is my bull is such a pig he try's to eat everyone's food and if he doesn't want to be led... he lays down. I have seen people teach them to pull carts and all sorts of things. They can be very smart....... and they have tongues like sandpaper..... remember that if you get a bottle fed one. My heifer trys to shave my legs with it... hehe

7205_kisses.jpg

Charmin when he was younger

7205_zebu_bull.jpg

My bulls sire.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom