Does anyone have pics of Orpington/New hampshire red crosses???

oh okay...do u think that they would be good layers?

Probably better layers than either breed because of heterosis (hybrid vigor). But you only get heterosis from the first cross of two chickens that are from separate and distant lines.

Sorry, no pics from me. I only popped into this thread to see the photos myself. I want to see the color.
smile.png

Some where online there used to be a photo of a Speckled Sussex and a Buff Orpington cross, and it looked a whole lot like a New Hampshire. But I guess that's besides the point, huh?

Probably better layers than either breed because of heterosis (hybrid vigor). But you only get heterosis from the first cross of two chickens that are from separate and distant lines.

Sorry, no pics from me. I only popped into this thread to see the photos myself. I want to see the color.
smile.png

Some where online there used to be a photo of a Speckled Sussex and a Buff Orpington cross, and it looked a whole lot like a New Hampshire. But I guess that's besides the point, huh?

Really? might have to look those up...and someone will hopefully post some pics
fl.gif

I'm pretty sure that would not be something many people do, so it's quite possible that while hundreds have seen this thread, they don't have the pictures. Hopefully someone will though.

Back
Top Bottom