Does anyone have pics, of their waterers and feeders!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by n2thestorm5032, Jul 22, 2008.

1. n2thestorm5032

n2thestorm5032 Chillin' With My Peeps

can you give me pics of your homemade waterers and homemade feeders, just so I can get an Idea on how to make them!!!!

Thanks much BYCer's

2. n2thestorm5032

anyone?!?!?

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I use 5 gal buckets with holes in them for my feeder and waterer. Sorry, I won't have pics till later....

4. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
  5. n2thestorm5032

Thank you!

6. Beer4myhorses

Beer4myhorses Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2008
    Weatherford, TX
    If your coop is built, I don't think my feeders will work. They are built into the wall. However, the gravity waterer could work for you.

Using a basic 120 qt. cooler as my supply...

[​IMG]

And a low pressure fountain...

[​IMG]

I have a 3+ week water supply. As far as feeders...this is what mine turned out to be. This idea was borrowed and modicifed from a member here I believe. If you are stick building a coop...use one of the wall cavities (I use 2 actually) as the holder of the feed. I have access from the outside to load the hopper and a dispenser on the inside. So far it's working great.

Outside view....

[​IMG]

Dispenser on the inside....

[​IMG]

Good luck with your project.

BTW...being a newbie...I hope my pic attaching works!!!

7. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:I tried to make feeders like this and the food won't fall out of the holes.
    Chris

8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
  9. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Quote:I tried to make feeders like this and the food won't fall out of the holes.
    Chris

We had to make the holes a bit bigger for the pellets but the crumbles do fine. We just drilled another 1" hole next to the other, made an oval, and it does great now.

10. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I don't have any photos of mine hung up but this is what it looked like when I was working on it.
    I hung it up with a chain and eye hook next to the end cap and back at the elbow and used a pipe tie to attach it to the wall. This was just left over material and so easy to cut.
    I did have to cut the pipe shorter to fill it at the top though. I'm pretty short!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by