Does anyone have pictures of there incubators?

Beardedchick...way cool bator
ep.gif

what do you use for a thermostat...if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks!! My favorite feature that is kinda different is that there is a full lexan top under the wood so you can open the wood top and see everything inside w/o the heat escaping.

It started with a waterheater thermostat, but I upgraded to a digital Ranco which is attached to the side. DH is supposed to get me an auto egg turner for x-mas. That will be nice!

batoropen2.jpg

Quote:
It depends upon what was included. A new GQF cabinet can cost $600, with automatic turners, electronic thermostat, humidity controls, etc. If it was kludged together from junk, probably not worth it. If it had quality turners, an electronic thermostat with backup and other amenities, plus good craftsmanship, it may have been worth dickering on.

Amy - I bought it on ebay and wired it up. There's an electrical strip that comes out of the thermostat, and my lights are plugged into it.

I got another Ranco for my brooder. I want to be able to set the thermostat for the brooder and not worry about my chickies cooling or cooking!

It's still not exactly perfect... I have been tracking it, and had some fluctuations as the barometric pressure fluctuated. But it's MUCH easier to figure out what is going on with it than a water heater themometer.

Those things drive me nuts (and that's not a long drive).
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom