Does Anyone Have Sinus Problems?

I had "windows" cut into my sinuses, as well as deviated septum repair. I was 17 ir 18 at the time. It really helped a LOT! I had a chronic infection that would never go away at that point. Now I need antibiotics about twice a year for really bad infections, but the milder ones can be drained away by irrigation. I think being younger when I had them done made a real difference on recovery time w/no complications.

I still have my tonsils. Doc said they were healthy when he did the sinus surgery and he couldn't bring himself to remove healthy tissue. Gotta respect him for that! And no one has ever suggested removing them since, either.

If she can't draw air through her nose easily, then irrigation won't do a lot of good. It felt like torture before I had the surgery. It was awesome after that.

I would say get a 2nd opinion, but if your daughter wants the surgery I would go for it. I feel it really has made a positive difference in my life.

This is the recipe that I use:

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pint of water

Works like a champ and is similar to what you get in the packets. (see packet contents)

Quote:
Neilmed should be available at Walgreens or any other pharmacy, I would think. Unfortunately I didn't purchase ours...it was given to us when we were sick.

"Fowl with Pearls" is fabulous! She looks so regal, as if all pea hens should naturally wear pearls.
smile.png
Of course, we chicken people know exactly what our girls would do if faced with pearls...gulp!

She must have some serious sinus problems!

In the past 2 years I've developed allergies. While my sinuses do fill up, the most annoying thing is when my ear (particularly my left one) gets clogged up.

A neti-pot helps a bit. The instructions that came with mine said that if you felt burning in your sinuses while using it to add more salt. I sort of adjust as I go along.

What's worked better for me is acupunture/TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and massage. Both done properly can really drain the sinuses well and quickly, and the herbs I take for my TCM regime help me stay pretty stable between sessions.

If her sinuses are that bad, though, surgery may be the only option. Just get more than one opinion.

Back
Top Bottom