Does Anyone Here Actually Make a Profit? With What?

I do !!!!! but then again selling SQ rare pure breds is different than peddling hatchery mutts off as real birds. I never sell eggs or chicks either, but there is some $$ to be made for those that really want what they want and know the difference. That is the real deal............. knowing the difference between real good stock and your run of mil stuff.

Quote:
I agree. My aim is to have the chickens earn enough to pay for their own feed and bedding....then the extra eggs my family eats is free food. That's my profit.
smile.png

Yeah!! I just got free bedding today!! The power co. contractor that cuts down dead trees that are threatening utility lines came by here to clean up something and I asked for the wood chips out of the Vermeer chipper. I got 1/2 a truckload DELIVERED!!
big_smile.png

It goes under their roosts tomorrow!!! Gonna start a litter system finally in the henhouse.
smile.png

Asked around at grocery stores etc....liability issues etc. prevent them giving their expired produce or meat to farmers....although one guy said they used to give it to hog farmers. Shame that it goes to waste when hungry beaks could GRAB it!! LOL

Quote:
I agree. My aim is to have the chickens earn enough to pay for their own feed and bedding....then the extra eggs my family eats is free food. That's my profit.
smile.png

No I don't make a profit. But they mostly pay for themselves. My DH is happy with how things have worked out and I guess we eat a lot of free eggs!

Back
Top Bottom