does anyone here draw mythical creatures or animals in general?

Work in progress, carving the eyes yesterday.
Kristel-eyes (1)-2.jpg
Kristel-eyes (2)-2.jpg
Kristel-eyes (5).jpg

I may post a more recent work of mine (newer than 2007 :rolleyes: ) once I get it done. I've been fortunate enough to have been commissioned by a friend. Its kind of an anthro human thing.
Honestly I'm not in love with the character's color scheme, but after so many art trades with smol chirren you'd think I'd be used to the eyestabbing colors by now.

It's carved from limestone. Traditional work, with chisels. I haven't carved many bird baths, but I've carved a lot of fountains. You can see more of my work on Instagram @ig_sculptor or on Facebook.

O wow is that stone? Well, I'm sure its like some special concrete or something, but that's cool. Kind of a rare art form nowadays- or at least one I'm not familiar with. What's it called? Do you make like, bird baths and stuff?

It's carved from limestone. Traditional work, with chisels. I haven't carved many bird baths, but I've carved a lot of fountains. You can see more of my work on Instagram @ig_sculptor or on Facebook.
Ah, limestone. I thought it looked kind of like concrete, but that's probably just because concrete has that mixed in or something. I followed on IG, very nice. The one you posted two days ago is of someone, do you find likenesses hard?

Back
Top Bottom