does anyone know anything about fisher cats?....

We're in the middle of a fisher release zone, near a river. I haven't spotted any in our yard but I saw one 1/4 mile away on the open road! I'd be inclined to add vents to your coop covered with metal grilles rather than risk entry by a fisher. They're capable of a major slaughter.

We have bears here, too:

IMG_0632.jpg

But if you get a dog like this:

IMG_0836-1.jpg

They won't bother your chickens.
big_smile.png

Gotta love a Dane. What a beautiful dog! and big to boot!! Looks like there is a bear in the back seat!

-Kim

LOL..yeah..looks like you otta worry about HIM!!..;o)..just kidding!....thats my dream dog...love danes!!..maybe...if you send him to me for a bit...he'll scare away all my predators...????;o)..Wendy

I live in fisher cat area too. our chicks/animals are not outside yet so none on the property so far, but I have seen them in the woods and that is what they look like, like baby bears with tails. That was a very good picture oblio got!

The one I saw was in broad daylight and seemed not in the least worried about me.
Also they scream and can scare the crap out of you since they sound like someone (usually a woman/kid) in distress.

Anyway, I am not planning anything beyond hw cloth for the run, so, I hope that it is sufficient.

I have 1/2 inch hardware cloth buried 10" into the ground the remainder is above ground. This has been working real well for me against all predators except hawks.

Okay, BLUSH, he's not a lab. He does look an awful lot like the neighbor's dog (who is also huge!) who IS part lab .. crossed with heaven knows what else.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom