does anyone know how my duck died?

chickenlady2004

Songster
Aug 16, 2023
as many of you know i lost one of my ducks a couple days ago when i left my animals with someone else for my birthday. i haven’t been able to bury her as i needed a couple days before i could look at her. today i buried her and before i assumed she had choked and that’s how she passed. but when i was looking her over it seemed there was some blood coming from her nose. no wounds but the blood from her nose. is this a symptom of choking? or something else? or just something that happens after they pass.

⚠️i’ll insert a picture of what i mean so if you don’t want to see a dead duckling i advise not to look at it ⚠️if you zoom in on her nose you can see a almost watery bloody liquid coming from her nostrils. not a great picture but she is already buried so i can’t really get a better one :(

Attachments

• C83C7E3B-953C-4EFB-8AA2-C5E7402D239D.jpeg
    C83C7E3B-953C-4EFB-8AA2-C5E7402D239D.jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 60
Sorry about your loss!! Do your ducks free range? predators will kill and comeback later for them. I’ve found dead chickens with no other sign of damage except scattered feathers. Now they only free range with supervision. Bury her deep and maybe put a big rock on top. It’s dreadful to see them dug up after burying.

Back
Top Bottom