Does anyone know how to get a permit to own a Canadian goose

We found an abandoned gosling when we was taking photos of geese and ducks at a pond near our house. We went there 2 days in a row to take pictures, and the first day we came we found a mama goose with 4 eggs, we took some photos of her and didn’t mess with her after that. The next day we saw her and her mate swimming with 3 babies and 1 was abandoned. We was there for 2 or 3 hours and watched from a distance. But she never came to get her abandoned gosling who was calling for his/her mom. So when we was gonna leave we didn’t want it to get eaten by something or die and general, so we went to take it and it didn’t cry or anything, it calmed down from it’s cries and started peeping. So we took it home and it was wobbly at first and then after it was able to walk pretty ok, I put it in with the 4 goslings that I got from ideal poultry (and where it is currently now). They get along well and the baby gosling does come to me and follows me. I thought it might have something wrong with it and that’s why the mom abandoned it but it seems to be pretty good. And I’d like to get a permit to keep it, since I raised a Canadian goose before and let it go, but I’d like to keep this one. He’s sweeter then my domestic geese, and likes sitting next to you or in your lap while you pet him. He’s just a sweet gosling that I’d like to keep if I can.
Call your local wildlife office and they will tell you what you need to do

Any chance you can post updated pics? Its been a few months now since this post as a 'gosling', how did things turn out?

I should have asked earlier if you are inside the city limits or outside them?

Update please.
my foster dad wouldn't let me keep them because of how messy they are so mow they live at a pond where there is some domestic ducks as well as wild ones and Canadian geese. The geese I had still come up to me and will swim across the pond to see me including the Canadian goose i had. I bring them grain scratch when i see them

my foster dad wouldn't let me keep them because of how messy they are so mow they live at a pond where there is some domestic ducks as well as wild ones and Canadian geese. The geese I had still come up to me and will swim across the pond to see me including the Canadian goose i had. I bring them grain scratch when i see them
Awww. Sorry you couldn't keep them.

That's really too bad.

If its about poop mess, water fowl droppings literally dissolve in water. Did he know that? (Spray with garden hose equals no mess.)

Or were they messy in other ways? (I haven't had geese, just ducks.)

It looks like geese are kind of loud. Was this the case with yours? What do you think about that part?

Its neat that they remember you. I've heard people that have helped injured geese while young, will have them still like you.

No one is going to say anything about dumping domestic geese??!! This is so cruel. They do not survive like wild geese do. They cannot fly to escape predators. Hopefully a rescue saved them. Please do not dump your pet geese when you decide you don’t want them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom